Steaming fresh artichokes in water that is infused with fresh herbs is great option to add flavor and preserve the delicate components to the artichoke.
- 1 artichoke
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, dill, basil could all work)
- Determine fresh herbs in the garden that would give complementary flavor. Consider using thyme, rosemary or sage. Bring 8 cups of water to boil in pan that can handle a steamer or is double boiler with steamer insert.
- Once water is boiling, add the artichoke and cover tightly.
- Cook for 30 minutes with boiling water. Check for doneness around 25 minutes by pulling leaf off with hand protection (its hot! ) I use tongs. If the leaf come gently, it is done.
- Serve with roasted garlic aioli.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 60
Keywords: artichoke, Steaming